Beginners Shibori pattern making craft courses
22 JULY 2023 . 10AM -3PM
Location – Wheathampstead, Hertfordshire.
Textile workshops offer you the chance to be inspired to design and make your own hand-dyed shibori creative textiles.
This sort of workshop is a great get together where you can meet new people and enjoy the process of making pattern using a traditional Japanese process. Shibori craft courses are a great one day workshop where you can arrive knowing nothing and leave with arms full of beautiful indigo and shibori textiles.
I will demonstrate setting up a natural indigo vat using the Michel Garcia 123 fructose recipe. She will guide you through the basics of shibori pattern making using clamping and binding techniques.
Please wear old clothing and shoes that you won’t mind getting splashed on with indigo. An apron is a good extra layer too and a pair of rubber gloves.
I do provide everything, including one long organic cotton scarf, but please feel free to also bring anything you’d like to dye and up cycle (cotton, linen,hemp, silk, white denim etc – just make sure it has had a good wash to encourage good indigo uptake).
Unlock the textile designer within you.
By signing up to one of the shibori textile craft courses you agree to the following terms and conditions-
– bookings need to be made online through Indigowares.com
– Full payment is needed to ensure your place in the class.
– A reminder email will be sent to you a few days before the workshop.
– If we need to cancel a class, we may do so at anytime before the workshop. We will offer you a full refund or an alternative date that works for you.
– If you can’t attend a class refunds are not available but can be transferred with 14 days notice.
I’m happy to arrange private workshops for social groups, corporations and schools.
I also take on bespoke natural dye commisions.