You don’t need any prior skills to build an indigo vat or create shibori resist patterns. Natural dyeing with indigo and shibori patterns techniques can be done quickly and easily without any background knowledge.
Our Indigo Fructose Vat is based on leading natural dyer Michel Garcia’s 1-2-3 Vat recipes.
This kit is suited to dyeing cotton, linens and hemp. Not reccomended for silk or wools.
Everything you need for a natural organic indigo vat in one box.
Contents & Ingredients included in this kit:
All pre-weighed and ready to add. No need for you to weigh out.
- 30g Organic natural indigo
- 60g Slacked lime (Calcium Hydroxide)
- 90g Fructose / fruit sugar
- Organic cotton scarf (that has been prepared/scoured ready for dyeing to save you time)
- Elastic bands, lolly pop sticks, wooden pegs and beads for pattern making.
Instruction booklet included with step by step guide plus pictures and pattern inspiration.